What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form. Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional.
When donating or registering on our Site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, or phone number. You may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We sometimes collect information from you for a specific event, program or purpose. In that case, the information which you provide will be used only for the specific purpose identified and will only be shared with parties to complete your request.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our Website (we continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- We occasionally share customer information with partner organizations. This information includes visitor’s names and addresses.. To opt-out, simply email us at info[at]mercyhome[dot]org.
- To send periodic emails. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or reply to any email from us with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature;
- In connection with legal proceedings, such as to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request;
- To protect Mercy Beaucoup’s rights or property or the safety of Mercy Beaucoup staff, our members, or others;
- To transfer information in the event of an organizational restructuring;
- For system administration and internal reporting purposes; and
- To monitor and evaluate our Sites and identify where we should make changes or expand services.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit a request, place an order or access your personal information. These security measures include: password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information, TLS (Transport Layer Security) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely, and Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities. Despite these measures, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a Site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the Sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. This information may include log file information such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, browser language, pages viewed, and the date and time of a visit.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
In addition to the foregoing, we use Google Analytics Advertising which will track certain personal information of yours. If you would like to opt out of the collection of such information you may do so by CLICKING HERE. Further, Google has a browser plugin (for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) that prevents your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. You can download the plugin by CLICKING HERE.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
On occasion, Mercy Beaucoup may share or rent names of donors to select for- and non-profit organizations. You may choose to restrict information about you from being sent by using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
We may transfer your personally identifiable information to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information, such as aggregate information, may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Because we value your privacy, we offer you the ability to choose to the provision of information about you to third parties for their solicitation or marketing purposes.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
European and Other Non-US Visitors
Should any European visitor wish to have access to, correct, modify, delete or dispute any personal information that Mercy Beaucoup holds about them, please contact us using the information below.
This policy is effective as of September 30, 2019.
1140 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607